Saturday 30 September 2017

Project: Susan Lenz creation "In Box" stained glass


I found some lovely pieces made by Susan Lenz "In Box" Stained Glass on Pinterest and just had to try it. I found a tutorial Susan had produced and followed the instructions. I didn't keep to the exact way Susan had in the notes. I didn't use chiffon pieces but rather a whole piece of fabric which I overlay on top of the velvet. It worked but I played it safe and think next time I'll tear strips and lay these over instead. I also put jewels on just for added bling 
I was pleased with the results


Susan Lenz creation

More of Susan Lenz creation

Ironed on lightly coloured visoflex leaving frame of felt 

Cut velvet into rectangles 

Velvet rectangles

Adding layers 

More layers

Foil ironed onto visoflex in gaps between velvet 

more foil 

Stitching motifs from centre out 

Stitching seen from topAdd caption

Stitching on back

More stitching

still more stitching

Piece ready to use soldering iron  

After using soldering iron 

After using heat gun to remove felting from back 

Top Finished piece

Back of piece 

Completed 
    STUNNING RESULTS I think

No comments:

Post a Comment