Sunday 20 November 2016

Different projects I've attempted

A piece I made after the class with Alysn Midgelow Marsden  with our Textile Group
Sept 2016 
Alysn Teaching at workshop working with Angelina

This is the starting point of a 12 x 12 challenge "DOORS" 

I made different components these are door features

more components  for door arch made
with stencil gesso on heavy duty vilene

more components

the components coming together just painted with gold & copper
Add caption



I did a online class with Tremendous Stitching this is a piece I dye painted, stamped, stenciled the added organza butterflies in variety of colours and stitched them down on piece
Think it came together well
Was pleased with results

Another w/shop done at our textile group  with Ailie Snow
We made journal  covers
The finished result of one I made




The finished piece of "DOORS"
was over the moon with how it turned out

Pineapple paper piecing just one block done 

Made using face swabs
I used gesso over stencils then dropped diluted water colour paints and acrylic paint to add colour
I sealed them with Modge podge
They were mounted on black felt then stitched onto hessian background

Workshop with Marilyn Hunt from our Textile group Layer Paint stitch in April 2016
I was super pleased with the results of this piece
I have not framed it as yet awaiting a ceramic windmill to be stitched in wee blank space
We did a w/shop with Lynne Rowe at our textile group
Different colour of organza fibres were layered, stitched, then using a soldering iron
made holes along feather line and also neatened the edge
TO MUCH embellishments hehe!!!
I do so love BLING
Love results
It was mounted on gold,then black felt leaving a small border and framed on very subtle green background   


A w/shop with Claire trying my hand at needle felting in top of piece


Another workshop with Margherita Allen from our Textile Group
"Cutting Edge Textiles"

No comments:

Post a Comment