Saturday 12 May 2018

Monthly Art Project May 2018

This month I decided to make a Thread & Needle case
 The project was published in Embellish Magazine Issue 33 and I tried the technique
I used white fabrics from my stash, lace, braids   I tried Boro embroidery. I fussy cut flowers and bits of lacey fabrics and hand stitched them on to a background. I made a window which I back stitched around leaf shapes printed on voile. When the top was complete .I stitched a backing linen on to a stiff interfacing and stitched two together. I used 4 plastic discs covered with batting & linen for the sides which I stitched round to form the case I made a cord for fastener and stitched a button on to close the case.      I enjoyed making the case.



Top of thread & needle case before stitching

same as above just a little closer

Finished project


Open case Lined in a linen


another view of case

Top of case revealing window

Sides are made with  plastic discs and case
stitched around both sides
 

No comments:

Post a Comment